ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Functions of an airport authority (CAAZ)
- In Zimbabwe the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) is the airport authority.
Functions of an airport authority.
- As already said above the Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) is Zimbabwe’s airport authority.
- It carries out the following functions:
- Controls and directs air traffic by use of a radar.
- A good and well levelled runway.
- A warehouse or goods shed for the storage of cargo after it is unloaded or before it is loaded.
- Cranes and forklifts for loading and off-loading cargo.
- Repair and maintenance facilities.
- Refueling points for aircraft.
- Information on departure and arrival times of aeroplanes.
- Information to pilots on weather conditions and any other critical information.
- Office space for traders and customs and immigration officials.
- Duty-free shops.
- Walk-ways for passengers.
- Car parks
- Hangers for aeroplanes.
- Security to both people and property( including goods).
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.