ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources: Fishing:Fish processing and marketing
- Most of the fish are sold fresh at the fishing ports and major urban areas in the region.
- Use of refrigerated facilities has become increasingly important.
- Some fresh fish are transported into the major population centres in the interior of Southern Africa for marketing.
- An example of such a centre is the Witwatersrand in South Africa.
- Some of the fish are sun-dried, salted or smoked before marketing.
- Fish canning industries have been set up in most fishing ports of South Africa and Namibia.
- Canned fish are either marketed in the region or exported.
- Fish have provided a source of protein for most families in the SADC region.
- By-products from the fish processing industries include fish oils, medicines, animal feed and fertilizers.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.