ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Experiment: Generating electricity
Aim: To generate electric current
Materials: dynamo, lamp bulb, copper wires, crank or a set of pulleys and weights to turn dynamo, rubber band
- Set up the apparatus with the dynamo on a table, the rubber band acting as a conveyor belt, and the weights attached to pulleys.
- Attach the weight so that it turns the turbines as it falls
- Drop the weight to generate electricity
Results and Observations
- The weight has potential energy when it is held stationary
- As it falls the potential energy turns to kinetic energy
- The turbine turns and rotates the dynamo which converts the kinetic energy into electrical energy
- Generators convert kinetic energy into electrical energy
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.