ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Communication: Expedited Mail Service
Expedited Mail Service.
- Used when items need to reach their destination quickly and safely.
- I used to send valuable articles e.g. certificates or documents.
- The sender hands the parcel over the post office counter.
- The EMS consignment note is filled in triplicate.
- One copy of the consignment note is stuck on to the article using glue or stickers.
- The second copy is kept at the post office.
- The third copy is given to the sender as proof of postage.
- Postage rates are higher.
- Mail is delivered to the final destination by a post office messenger and EMS vehicles.
- There is hand to hand transfer of mail.
- The recipient produces positive identity on receipt of the articles.
- The recipient sings to acknowledge receipt of article.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.