at the end of each question.
You are advised to spend 50 minutes on Section A and 40 minutes on Section B.
SECTION A ( 30 MARKS)
Write a composition on one of the following topics. Your answer should be between 350 and 450 words in length. You are advised to spend 50 minutes on this section.
- Describe your favourite outdoor activity. 
- Write a story which is based on one of the following:
Either a) The front door closed for the last time and I stepped into a new life. 
Or b) A neighbour whose behaviour suddenly changed. 
3. Private schools offer better education than government schools. Do you agree? 
4. The pleasures of gardening. 
5. Fashion. 
6. What would you consider to be the attributes of a good neighbour? 
7. The birthday present 
SECTION B ( 20 MARKS)
Answer the following question. You should spend not more than 40 minutes on this section. Begin your answer on a fresh page.
8. As captain of the school sports team, you have been instructed by the School Headmaster to rite a report explaining why you failed to fulfil a fixture against Chipenzo High School. Using the following notes and adding any of your own, compile a report for your Head.
– late departure.
– rough road.
– student taken ill.
– flat tyre.
– too late to continue
To access more exams go to the English Language Examinations page.