ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Constitution of Zimbabwe:Revocation of Citizenship
- Zimbabwean citizenship by birth may be revoked if the citizenship was acquired by fraud, false representation or concealment of a material fact by any person he person’s nationality or parentage becomes known, and reveals that the person was a citizen of another country
- Zimbabwean citizenship is not lost through marriage or the dissolution of marriage
- Dual citizenship is allowed in the by the new constitution
- A Zimbabwean minor could hold dual citizenship but should change it once they turn 18 years
- A foreigner wishing to be a citizen of Zimbabwe has to renounce their other citizenship
- Citizenship by registration could be lost for various reasons such as:
- If it was gotten fraudulently
- If the person has been disloyal
- If the person was sentenced to 12 years or more within 5 years of becoming a citizen
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.