ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Collective/Generic Advertising
Collective or Generic advertising
- Is used by a number of producers in the same industry
- They jointly advertise a product in general
- They do not use brand names e.g. “ Brush your teeth with toothpaste after every meal.”
- There is no competition among producers.
- Groups of producers may form a Trade Association which finances the advertisements on behalf of its members.
- This type of advertising is often used by professional associations whose code of conduct prohibit other forms of advertising for example Lawyers and Accountants are often prohibited from indulging in persuasive advertising.
To view other types of advertising click here.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.