ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Warehousing: Bonded Warehouses
- These are located at ports, boarder posts, large railway stations and big cities.
- They are privately owned but supervised by the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority (ZIMRA)/ the customs authority.
- They are used to store dutiable goods whose duty has not been paid.
- The goods are released once their duty has been paid.
- Once the duty has been paid a customs warrant is issued giving permission for the goods to be released.
- The goods can be sold whilst they are in bond i.e. in the warehouse.
- Goods can be removed in small quantities as needed thus saving on working capital.
- The goods can also be graded, packed, tinned or bottled while they are in the warehouse.
- Goods can be moved from one bonded warehouse to another by a bonded carman.
- Goods are allowed to mature.
- Are used to store goods fro entrepot trade.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.