ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources: Energy: Advantages and Disadvantages of Natural gas as a source of energy
- Has high energy output, an efficient energy source.
- Relatively cleaner compared with coal.
- Easy to mine if land-based oilfields.
- Easy to transport through pipelines.
- Can be used to power vehicles
- Relatively cheap.
- Has a lot of other industrial uses.
- Environmentally unfriendly through land, air and water pollution.
- Has a very short lifespan due to multi-functional uses.
- Leaks in pies underground can go unnoticed.
- Surface pipelines are easy to sabotage.
- Lighter crude fractions highly inflammable and dangerous.
- Over-dependence has created energy crises.
- Used as a political weapon.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen