A Level Business Studies: What is market research?
- Definition: Market research refers to the process of gathering, analyzing, and interpreting information about a market, product, or service to make informed business decisions.
Distinguishing Market Research from Marketing Research
- Market research is a subset of marketing research that focuses specifically on understanding the needs, preferences, and behaviour of consumers in a particular market.
- Marketing research, on the other hand, is a broader term that includes all types of research related to marketing, including market research, product research, and advertising research.
Features of Market Research
- Marketing research-can be divided into two:
- Primary research: gathering new data directly from consumers or other sources through methods such as surveys, focus groups, and observation.
- Secondary research: analyzing existing data from sources such as government statistics, trade publications, and competitor reports.
Importance of Market Research
- Identify consumer needs and preferences: Market research helps businesses understand the needs and preferences of their target market, which allows them to develop products and services that better meet those needs.
- Reduce risk: By conducting market research, businesses can assess the viability of a product or service before investing significant resources in its development and launch.
- Stay ahead of competitors: Market research enables businesses to stay up-to-date on industry trends and consumer behaviour, giving them a competitive edge in the market.
- Improve marketing strategies: By understanding the target market, businesses can develop marketing strategies that effectively reach and engage consumers, ultimately leading to increased sales and profitability.
- Enhance decision-making: Market research provides businesses with the information they need to make informed decisions, reducing the risk of costly mistakes and increasing the likelihood of success.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!