A Level Business Studies: Common sources of secondary research information
- Secondary research involves gathering data from existing sources such as books, articles, databases, and reports.
- In general, secondary research provides a cost-effective and time-saving way to gather information on various topics related to marketing research.
Common Methods and Sources of Secondary Research:
- Government Publications: These are documents published by government agencies and departments. Examples in Zimbabwe include the Zimbabwe National Statistics Agency (ZIMSTAT) reports on population demographics, economic indicators, and other social and economic data.
- Academic Journals: These are peer-reviewed articles published in academic journals on various topics such as business, economics, and social sciences. Examples in Zimbabwe include the Journal of Applied Business Research, the Journal of Development Studies, and the Zimbabwe Journal of Educational Research.
- Industry Reports: These are reports published by research firms and consulting agencies that analyze specific industries, their trends, and forecasts. Examples in Zimbabwe include reports by the Zimbabwe Economic Policy Analysis and Research Unit (ZEPARU) on various industries such as agriculture, mining, and manufacturing.
- News and Media: These are sources such as newspapers, television, and radio broadcasts that report on current events, economic and social issues, and trends. Examples in Zimbabwe include The Herald, The Chronicle, and ZBC News.
- Online Databases: These are digital repositories of information that can be accessed via the internet. Examples in Zimbabwe include the African Development Bank Data Portal, the World Bank Open Data, and the ZIMSTAT online database.
- Market Research Reports: These are reports that provide insights into market trends, consumer behavior, and other market-related information. Examples in Zimbabwe include reports by Euromonitor International, Research and Markets, and Transparency Market Research.
- Company Websites: Company websites can provide valuable information about a company’s history, products, services, and financial performance. Examples in Zimbabwe include Econet Wireless Zimbabwe, Delta Corporation, and Innscor Africa.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!