ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Business Organisations: The Zimbabwe Stock Exchange
- Controls and regulates admission of new members.
- Acts as a barometer of the well-being of the Zimbabwean economy.
- A market for buying and selling shares, stocks, bonds as well as other second hand securities.
- Establishes prices for shares using the market forces of supply and demand.
- Quotes and publishes share prices.
- Educates members of the public, through its outreach programmes, on investment on shares.
- Gives incentives to investors because investment in shares is easily marketable.
- Sets out a code of conduct for dealers to protect investors against unfair business dealings.
- Compensates investors who may be defrauded by dealers.
- Lists and lists companies after examining and assessing their performance.
- Prepares reports and information on the companies dealing on the Stock Exchange.
- Allows companies and government to raise funds.
- Provides investors with names of reputable companies.
- Approves shares of companies to be bought and sold.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.