ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Vending Machine, Do It Yourself products and Shopping Malls.
- These are machines, which are installed in buys areas.
- An example is an ATM (Automated Teller Machine).
- The machines may be hired or leased. They operate for 24 hours and use the self-service method of selling which saves on labour and time.
- May sell a variety of drinks and snacks.
- Use of machines increases sales and profit.
Do It Yourself (DIY) products
- These are products which are semi-assembled or in kits for example solar kits, wardrobes etc.
- They are sold with the requisite instructions to assemble them.
- Consumers need few skills to assemble the parts to make finished products.
- The products are mainly sold in supermarkets and hardware stores.
- With DIY product consumers can:
- save money by doing work for themselves
- improve their standard of living
- gain self satisfaction by doing their own work
- are exclusively devoted to shops e.g Joina City and Eastgate
- They consist of a whole range of shops e.g. chain stores, supermarkets, specialists stores and small shops.
- Some malls ban traffic from shopping areas a process known as pedestrianization.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.