ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Money and Banking: Types of Bank Accounts
- Are used to keep the customer’s money safe.
- Are suitable for small saves with regular incomes.
- Have a low opening and minimum balance usually $0.
- Withdrawals are on demand.
- Cash can be obtained through the ATM or by filling out a withdrawal slip.
- Deposits are made by filling deposits slips.
- Customers are required to fill forms in order to open an account and to present identification documents as well.
- Keeps money not wanted for immediate use.
- Higher interest is paid on monies held in these account.
- Interest is dependant on the amounts deposited.
- Withdrawals require 7 days notice.
- No ledger fees are charged on these accounts.
Fixed Deposits Accounts
- There is a set minimum deposit amount.
- Deposit are held for a fixed period of 1 to 12 months.
- The customer is not expected to make a withdrawal until this period has lapsed.
- The interest payable on the deposit is fixed for the entire period under which the deposit is held.
- These accounts earn a higher interest rate.
- A customer adds up all his/her bills for the whole year.
- The total is then divided by 12 (months) to get the cost of bills for each month.
- At the end of every month one twelfth of the bill’s annual total is transferred from the customer’s current account to his budget account.
- Some banks issue special cheque books for budget accounts.
- The customer uses the budget account cheques to pay their monthly bills.
- Opened by both businesses and ordinary people.
- Allows customers to use cheques when making payments.
- Current account holders do not need to carry cash around.
- Account holders can make and receive stop orders, credit transfers or direct debits.
- Cheques may be used as receipts for payments made.
- Account holders have access to overdraft facilities.
- Interest is received on credit balances.
- Banks send statements on a regular basis to account holders.
- Bak offers trade references to account holders.
- Account holders are provided with night safe facilities
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.