ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources : Deciduous temperate forests
- These are also known as temperate deciduous forests or temperate broad-leaf forests.
- They are dominated by trees that lose their leaves each year.
- They are found in areas with warm, moist summers and mild winters
- Deciduous forests consists of trees and shrubs which shed their leaves.
- These forests are confined to the eastern part of USA and Canada, western parts of Europe, UK among others.
- The forests consists of a mixture of coniferous and temperate deciduous trees for example oak.
- Major uses are furniture, construction and wood fuel.
- Exploitation is extensive as these are densely populated and forestry competes with other land uses like settlement and agriculture.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.