ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Transport Modes: Road Transport
- Is fast over short distances.
- Is cheap over short distances.
- It is direct and offers door to door delivery services
- there is a wide network of roads already available meaning
- even remote areas can be accessed by this form of transport
- and vehicles can be re-routed when this is needed.
- Operates on flexible:
- Timetables hence goods can be carried any time
- Routes since vehicles can travel anywhere.
- There is minimum handling of goods thus reducing risks of theft of and damage to the goods.
- It is suitable to carry:
- perishable goods such as flowers
- Fragile products such as glass
- Loads of different shapes and sizes.
- There is no transhipment of goods i.e. goods need not be unloaded and loaded again.
- Is possible to organise return loads.
- Can carry advertisements on the sides of the vans.
- May use special trucks and trailers.
- Vehicles can be owned by people and individuals.
- Vehicles and roads have a low maintenance cost.
- Is slow over long distances.
- Is relatively expensive over long distances.
- Is not suitable for carrying heavy goods and bulky loads.
- Can be affected by:
- Poor weather conditions e.g. thunderstorms.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.