ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The importance of cattle in the Rozvi and Mutapa states
- Cattle were at the center of every family’s wealth in both the Mutapa and Rozvi kingdoms.
- They had various uses including:
- Being a symbol of wealth and power.
- They were used to bay the bride’s price (lobola/roora)
- They were used as draught power.
- They were used to make sacrifices during religious ceremonies
- They were used in trade as exchange items.
- They acted as an insurance against droughts.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.