ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The importance of cattle in the Rozvi and Mutapa states
- Cattle were at the center of every family’s wealth in both the Mutapa and Rozvi kingdoms.
- They had various uses including:
- Being a symbol of wealth and power.
- They were used to bay the bride’s price (lobola/roora)
- They were used as draught power.
- They were used to make sacrifices during religious ceremonies
- They were used in trade as exchange items.
- They acted as an insurance against droughts.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.