ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Hire Purchase Act
- During the Hire Purchase period the goods are insured and owned by the seller.
- Allows the consumer to have a “cooling off” period if the agreement is signed outside the trader’s premises during which period the consumer may cancel the agreement.
- If the buyer defaults in payment, the seller has to obtain a court order in order to repossess the goods if at least one-third of the purchase price has been paid.
- Guards against unfair and unlawful repossession of goods.
- The rate of deposit is fixed by law.
- The following information should be easily obtainable on all goods sold on Hire Purchase to allow the consumer to decide whether they can afford the goods:
- the number and amounts of installments.
- the cash price of the goods.
- the Hire Purchase price of the goods.
- A description of the goods.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.