ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Retail Trade: Supermarkets
A large shop with a minimum floor area of 186 square meters, sells household goods and grocery on a cash and carry basis. They are mainly situated in busy areas like suburbs and growth points.
- has many check-out points and a parcel counter or bays
- has security measures e.g. guards, T.V circuits, mirrors etc
- offers trolleys and baskets for carrying goods in the shop
- displays goods according to uses
- sells branded and pre-packaged goods
- goods are individually priced
- goods are usually fresh
- has wide aisles
- offers self-service method of selling
- offers a variety of goods
- places daily used commodities at the back e.g. milk and bread
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.