ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Sunshine
- It has a glass sphere surrounded by a metal frame.
- On the frame is attached a sensitive card.
- The sphere focuses the sun’s rays onto the card.
- As the sun moves across the sky it burns a trace on the card.
- At the end of the day the card is taken out and the length is measured in hours and minutes.
- There are digital versions that continually record the amount of sunlight.
- Sunshine is important for various activities for example solar drying of crops or solar energy generation.
Go back to Geography Notes Home to access more topics.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.