ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Retail Trade: Send a Basket.
Send a basket
- the service is offered by cash and carry wholesalers with many branches throughout the country
- used when a sender wants to purchase for someone located in in another area
- the service is provided for the buying of grocery only
- sender visits the nearest branch and fills in a form
- sender provides an answer to the test question which the recipient will be asked
- recipient should be residing near one of the branches
- sender pays for the goods at the nearest branch
- sender informs the recipient of the value of the goods to be bought
- sender discloses the answer to the test question the wholesaler will ask the recipient to the recipient
- recipient branch is contacted by the sender’s branch
- recipient’s branch asks the recipient the test question
- The recipient’s answer must match the one provided by the sender on the form
- if the answer provided by the recipient is incorrect no purchasing takes place
- If the answer matches the recipient is afforded the opportunity to buy goods of the value paid for by the sender.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.