ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Retail Trade: Self-selection and Self-service
- is a method of selling goods used in department stores and variety chain stores
- cash points are dotted throughout the store
- a customer pays for an item at one cash point and then moves to another part of the shop and select a second item and pay for it at a different point.
It is a method of selling goods which allows the customer to:
- examine or inspect the goods before buying
- choose, pick, and select the wanted goods
- get goods at low prices
- shop at leisure
- calculate total purchase price before paying
- use baskets and trolleys when shopping
- remember goods not on their shopping lists
Goods sold using self-service should be:
- individually priced
- well displayed according to use
- well labelled
- sold on cash basis
- paid at check out points
- branded and pre-packaged
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.