ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Rusting and Painting
- Painting is a popular method used to prevent rusting
- The structure to be painted is cleaned using an acidic solution
- This removes existing rust and dirt
- Sand paper/scrubbing material is also used to clean the surface to be painted
- The surface is then left to dry
- Once it is dry a coat of paint is applied
- The paint prevents oxygen and water from coming in contact with the iron
- By forming a protective layer on top of the iron
- If the paint chips the iron must be repainted
- Painting is especially used to protect large structures
- Such as bridges and pylons
- Because is if effective but cheaper than metal plating
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.