ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: The Colonisation of Zimbabwe:Reasons why Zimbabwe was colonized
- There were several reasons why Zimbabwe was turned into a colony by the BSAC
- Some these reasons include:
- In order for Cecil John Rhodes to fulfill his Cape to Cairo dream
- The colonisers were looking for a second rand in Zimbabwe
- The colonisers were looking for new markets to sell their goods
- The colonisers were looking for raw materials
- The colonisers were looking for cheap labour
- The British wanted to encircle the Boers and their territory
- Some of the colonisers were looking for places in which to invest their additional capital and expand their businesses and holdings
- The farmers amongst the colonisers were drawn by the rich fertile Savannah soils
- Some missionaries thought it would be easier to convert the locals if the country became a colony
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.