ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport: Pipeline
- They are very efficient
- They are cheap once the installation has been completed.
- They can carry fluids in bulk.
- They are immobile i.e the route cannot be changed once they are installed.
- Can only carry fluids such as oil, gas and water and not solids like meat.
- They are very expensive to install and maintain.
- They are easy to sabotage e.g. the RENAMO bandits constantly threatened and sabotaged Zimbabwe’s Beira-Feruka pipeline during the Mozambican Civil War.
- Leaks and damage can be difficult to detect if the pipeline is underground.
- Special pipelines are required to carry flammables.
To access more topics go to the Geography Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.