ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Pesticide Warning Symbols
- Pesticides are graded according to their toxicity i.e.
- According to how harmful they are to humans.
- Every pesticide must have a label that clearly shows its “danger” level show.
- There are four common danger levels of chemicals.
- For example Methyl bromide used in tobacco seedbed fumigation.
- Must be handled with extreme care.
- The poison is extremely lethal,
- Full protective clothing including gloves, coveralls and goggles, breathing mask must be worn when handling such chemicals.
- Means the poison is very dangerous.
- Must be handled with care and all the safety precautions must be followed.
- Should not be used in the home.
- Poisonous pesticide.
- Is less toxic but must still be handled with caution.
- May be used in the home.
- For example Killem and other aerosolized sprays.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.