ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Communication: Other Services offered by the Post Office
- Surface mail parcels are limited to a mass of 10kg
- Ideal for trade samples and goods in mail order.
- Parcels from other countries are opened to comply with customs and legal requirements of each country.
- Computer data collected is delivered door to door.
- Ensures speed delivery of data.
- Overnight delivery.
- Useful for businesses such as banks or the stock exchange.
Cash on Delivery (COD)
- Used by mail order firms.
- Parcels are written COD.
- The sender reveals the amount to be paid at the Post Office.
- The Post Office collects the payments for the goods being delivered before they are handed over.
- Sellers avoid bad debts and do not have to send reminders.
- Customers do not need to send money in advance.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.