ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Transport: Oil Bulk Ore (O.B.O) Ships
- They are also known as Bulk Carriers.
- They are a specialised type of ship (tankers) which carry special types of cargo.
- These are bulk carrier ships that carry:
- oil e.g. crude oil.
- Ores e.g. unprocessed mineral ores.
- Bulky cargo such as grain.
- Examples of OBO ships are oil tankers.
- They are designed to:
- take advantage of economies of scale due to their size.
- Use mechanical handling in loading and off-loading of goods.
- They do not have fixed:
- routes or
- fixed timetables.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.