ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Nutrition
- Nutrition is that branch of science that deals with nutrients and nutrition especially in humans
- It is concerned with ensuring that humans are eating foods that provide necessary nutrients for health and growth
- Nutrients are substances found in food that are necessary for humans to live,
- They ensure a healthy growth, development and functioning of the human body.
- Animals, including humans require a balanced diet which has the correct proportions of the right kinds of foods and nutrients
- A balanced diet contains the right quality and quantity of food.
- The usual components of a balanced diet is made up of:
- Fats, carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and vitamins, water and fibre.
- Thus a balanced diet is a diet that contains the proper proportions of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins, minerals, and water necessary to maintain good health.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.