November 2021 ZIMSEC results were released to the world yesterday and scores of students have already viewed their results online already. If you need help see our very brief guide on how to view your results online here. Contrary to some rumours doing rounds it is important to note that ZIMSEC has not yet released the Ordinary Level results for the same period.
Anyway together with the results, ZIMSEC has also released an analysis of how the exams went:
- About 49 128 students wrong the exam this year compared to 50 287 last year
- Of these 48 234 were writing more than one examination and of those 84.67% passed with a grade of E or better.
- In comparison during the same period of November 2020, 49 153 students sat for the Advanced Level exams with 39 802 writing at least two subjects. The pass rate was 80.98%
- This means that the pass rate increased by 3.68% this year
- Of those who wrote the exams, 40 806 were school candidates. That is hardly surprising as more often than not those who come as private candidates mostly go for the Ordinary Level exams. In fact, given informal schools without centres, it’s probable that the number of private candidates is even lower.
- There were 20 262 female candidates during November 2021 exams. Of these 89.04 % passed.
- There were 20 337 male candidates during the same exam and 84.72% passed
- There were 56 special needs students who wrote the exam and 54 of them passed
In general, these were a good set of results all things considered.