ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Natural Resources: Water:Water conservation
- Water conservation is the management of water resources in ways that prevent them from pollution.
- It includes all the policies, strategies and activities made to sustainably manage the natural resource fresh water.
- It also involves strategies to protect the water environment and to meet the current and future human demand.
- Population, household size, and growth and affluence all affect how much water is used.
- Building dams to harness run off for future use.
- Fencing off wetlands that is vleis and springs to prevent animals compacting the soils around these water sponges.
- Collecting water from roofs and dwalas and storing it in tanks for future use.
- Reducing consumption of water by controlling the rate of population growth to match the natural replenishing rate of water.
- Desalinization of sea water for human consumption and industrial use. (This operation is quite costly).
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen