ZIMSEC O Level History Notes: Dictatorship in Europe: Dictatorship in Italy: Benito Mussolini: The methods used by the Fascists to gain support
- The use of force-They used violence to kill off prominent opposition members.
- Intimidation-those with debts were threatened with harsher and exotic punishments and some where forced to drink castor oil or eat live frogs.
- Political rhetoric was used in speeches were Benito promised solutions to Italy’s problems.
The march to Rome.
- In October of 1922 Mussolini demanded that power should be given to him or he will seize it.
- The Fascists began to plan a march on Rome after the government failed to respond to their demands.
- On October 27 about 5 000 well armed Black Shirts prepared their march on Rome.
- The Prime Minister resigned after Victor Emmanuel refused to declare a state of emergency.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.