ZIMSEC O Level History Notes:The Ndebele:Methods used by Mzilikazi to establish the Ndebele State
Mzilikazi and the Ndebele used the following methods to co-opt other tribes and form the Ndebele state North of the Limpopo river:
- They demanded tribute from the local tribes.
- They entered into trade relations with the local tribes.
- They Attacked, defeated and absorbed the Rozvi.
- They raided their cattle and crops.
- They forbade the Europeans from selling guns and ammunition to the Shona.
- They captured and killed Shona leaders.
- The people were forced to speak the Ndebele language.
- Young Shona men were conscripted into the Ndebele armies.
- Ndebele governors were sent to control the people living in tributary areas.
To access more topics go to the History Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.