ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes:Types of Industrial Location:Market and Location of industries
- Some industries are market-based not because their products are heavier than the raw materials making them, but because they are perishable.
- Examples are opaque beer and milk.
- Some of them locate close to the market because they gain value upon manufacture for example, furniture which is more valuable and fragile compared to planks.
- Others locate at the market simply because they need the huge buying power of urban markets, for example, printing, TV, car and radio assembly, garment making or shoe making factories.
- Yet others locate close to the market, usually a town or a city because of the existence of skilled labour, for example watch making and garment manufacture.
To access more topics go to the O Level Geography Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, chat with us using the chat feature at the bottom right of this screen