ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: An introduction to Beams and their types
- A beam is any material that is supported so that it can hold a load
- A simple beam is a length of material e.g steel supported along its length so that it can hold a load
- at right angles to its length
- A simply supported beam is a beam that rests on support at both ends or
- on one support in the middle
- A cantilever beam is a beam one end of which is built into a rigid support such as a wall
- A cantilever beam is a projecting beam fixed only at one end
- A fixed beam is a beam which is supported on both ends and is restrained from rotating
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.