ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Indent document
- An order to buy goods abroad.
- Sent by an importer (principal) to an agent overseas.
- Gives details of:
- types, quantities and prices of goods required.
- How the goods are to be forwarded.
- Marking or numbers on crates for identification.
- Cost of insurance.
- How goods are to be packaged.
- Place and address to which goods are to be delivered.
- Terms of payment.
- Can be an open indent where:
- the indent does not state the source from which the goods are to be obtained.
- The agent must obtain quotations from several suppliers or manufacturers .
- The agent must inform the principal about the orders placed on his behalf.
- Or it can be a closed indent where:
- it specifies the types ( and brands) of goods required and the manufacturers from whom the agent must buy the goods.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.