ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Aids to Trade: Warehousing
- Enables the safe storage of:
- raw materials
- equipment and machinery
- finished goods
- partly finished goods
- spare parts
- goods in transit.
- Enables raw materials to be ordered ahead of demand.
- Enables continuous production of goods.
- Enable goods to be produced ahead of demand.
- Stores seasonal goods.
- Prevents shortages or evens out flow of goods.
- Protects goods from weather elements such as rain or heat.
- Stores imported goods in bonded warehouses until duty has been paid.
- Goods in bonded warehouses can be sold in bon or in small quantities thus saving on working capital.
- Stores goods in entrepot trade.
- Allows packaging, branding, grading and blending but goods are not manufactured.
- Prevents price fluctuations.
- Allows bulk purchasing.
- Preserves perishables in refrigerated warehouses.
- Allows goods to mature or ripen such as wine, fruits and spirits.
- Reduces risks such as theft and damage.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.