ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport: Human Beings/Porters
- Using human beings or porters for transport has the following advantages and disadvantages:
- It is cheap especially where small quantities of goods are involved.
- It is easy as there are no special requirements or laws.
- It is readily available.
- It is versatile i.e. humans can carry a variety of goods without the need for adaptations
- Does not require special transport networks e.g. a railway line as they can just use tracks.
- Can be used to reach remote areas and areas that are hard to access using other means of transport e.g. mountainous regions.
- There is a limit to the quantity of goods that a human being can carry.
- Humans tire easily.
- It is a slow form of transport.
- Needs constant rest.
- Can cheat or steal.
To access more topics go to the Geography Notes page.