ZIMSEC O Level Geography Notes: Transport: Human Beings/Porters
- Using human beings or porters for transport has the following advantages and disadvantages:
- It is cheap especially where small quantities of goods are involved.
- It is easy as there are no special requirements or laws.
- It is readily available.
- It is versatile i.e. humans can carry a variety of goods without the need for adaptations
- Does not require special transport networks e.g. a railway line as they can just use tracks.
- Can be used to reach remote areas and areas that are hard to access using other means of transport e.g. mountainous regions.
- There is a limit to the quantity of goods that a human being can carry.
- Humans tire easily.
- It is a slow form of transport.
- Needs constant rest.
- Can cheat or steal.
To access more topics go to the Geography Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.