ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: How the government protects consumers
- The government via Parliament passes various ACTS to protect consumers including:
- The Hire Purchase Act which guards against unfair and unlawful repossession of goods bought on credit.
- Consumer Safety Act which ensures that products are safe for human consumption and use.
- The Fair Trading Act which guards against false price cutting, hoarding and conditional selling of goods.
- Sale of Goods Act which specifies that gods must fit the purpose or description for which they are sold.
- The Trade Measure Act which guards against underweight and incorrect weights and measures.
- The Foods and Drugs Act which guards against adulteration of products and improper labelling of goods.
- The Price Control Act which safeguards against overpricing of goods.
- In addition various Ministers have the right to pass legislation in the form of Statutory Instruments whenever the need arises.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.