ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Health and well being
- Health is the absence of disease
- It is a state of being physically and psychologically well.
- A person is said to be healthy if they meet the above criteria
- Most people are usually healthy most of the time.
- Sometimes people get sick if they are infected by pathogens
- A pathogen is a disease-causing organism
- People can be unhealthy even if they do not have a disease
- A healthy persons feels good, is mentally healthy, do not suffer from depression or nervous problems
- Human beings are social animals who need to feel like a part of a social group
- There are several ways in which a complete state of health can be maintained:
- Eating a balanced diet and drinking enough fluids
The body needs a wide variety of nutrients in order to maintain bodily functions
vitamins and minerals are required for repairs and maintenance in the body
- Regular exercises allows the structures in the body to use nutrients effectively.
Maintaining a good physical health helps with mental and social health
- Making the right choices in society-people who choose to use drugs and adopt anti-social behavior suffer may suffer from a deteriorating mental state. They may have feelings of guilt, greed or act aggressively towards others.
- A healthy community is one in which the members behave responsibly
- Individuals act in ways that benefit everyone and not just themselves.
- Well being results from people making the right physical, mental and social choices in health terms.
- They protect their health as well as that of others.
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.