ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Growth and Development in Animals.
- Animals use some of the energy from the food they eat to grow.
- During the growth process an animal changes and matures into an adult.
- This process is also known as development.
- All animals need a wide range of foods in order for them to develop normally.
- Food that is given to livestock animals known as rations.
- The ration which an animal eats need to be balanced i.e.,
- they should contain all the food groups, vitamins and mineral required for healthy growth.
- As animals grow they need different amounts of each food group.
- The quality of food is more important that the quantity of food.
- It would be a waste to provide an animal with large amounts of food of the wrong kind.
- With farm animals that are grown for profit this actually results in unnecessary and avoidable losses.
- Good quality food contains all the necessary food groups.
|Carbohydrates and lips (fats)||For energy|
|Proteins||For growth and repair|
|Vitamins and Minerals||For health and protection against disease|
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.