ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Wholesale Trade: Functions of Wholesale trade:To the retailers and consumers
To the retailer
- The wholesaler:
- Buys in bulk from several manufacturers and producers.
- Breaks bulk for retailers i.e. sells goods to retailers in smaller quantities.
- Provides retailers with a wider choice of goods obtained from different manufacturers/producers.
- Receives complaints and suggestions from retailers which they then pass on to manufacturers and producers.
- Stores goods
- Are conveniently located near retailers.
- Evens out the flow of goods especially for seasonal goods like apples.
- Blends, brands, packages and bottles goods before they sell them to the retailers.
- Delivers goods to the retailers.
- Advises retailers on display techniques and store layout.
To the consumer.
- Ensures a steady flow of goods to consumers.
- Prevents wild fluctuations in prices of goods.
- Advertises goods.
- Provides a variety of goods.
- Informs consumers on new products.
- Takes consumer complaints to producers.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.