ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Wholesale Trade: Functions of Wholesale trade:To the retailers and consumers
To the retailer
- The wholesaler:
- Buys in bulk from several manufacturers and producers.
- Breaks bulk for retailers i.e. sells goods to retailers in smaller quantities.
- Provides retailers with a wider choice of goods obtained from different manufacturers/producers.
- Receives complaints and suggestions from retailers which they then pass on to manufacturers and producers.
- Stores goods
- Are conveniently located near retailers.
- Evens out the flow of goods especially for seasonal goods like apples.
- Blends, brands, packages and bottles goods before they sell them to the retailers.
- Delivers goods to the retailers.
- Advises retailers on display techniques and store layout.
To the consumer.
- Ensures a steady flow of goods to consumers.
- Prevents wild fluctuations in prices of goods.
- Advertises goods.
- Provides a variety of goods.
- Informs consumers on new products.
- Takes consumer complaints to producers.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.