ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Functions of the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair ( ZITF)and Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA)
Functions of the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair ( ZITF)
- The fair is advertised extensively both locally and internationally.
- Facilitates trade between Zimbabwean and Foreign companies.
- Enables local and foreign manufacturers of goods and providers of services to:
- exhibit their goods and advertise their services.
- Sell their products.
- Widen their markets
- have personal contact with prospective buyers.
- Demonstrate how their products are used or give detailed description of their products.
Functions of Export Processing Zones Authority (EPZA)
- Conducts market research in other countries.
- countries requiring specific products from Zimbabwe.
- Industries which produce goods mainly for export so as to earn foreign currency and assists in funding them e.g. mining industries.
- Facilitates trade between Zimbabwean and foreign companies.
- Exporters of products have the following incentives:
- enjoy tax concerns.
- Receive preferential treatment in foreign currency allocations.
- Import machinery and equipment duty free.
- Explore investment opportunities in other countries.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.