ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: International trade:Forwarding Agents/Freight Forwarders
Forwarding agents also known as Freight forwarders.
- Collect goods from consignors’ premises.
- Carry goods to their warehouses.
- Warehouse/Store the goods.
- Send goods to consignee.
- Provide facilities for export packing.
- Arrange insurance for the goods.
- Fill in the necessary documents used when goods are transported by ship e.g. bill of lading.
- Provide information on:
- export and import formalities.
- Transport services available.
- Book space on a ship for goods.
- Ensure that goods are delivered to the importer (consignee) by instructing their representatives overseas for final delivery of goods.
- Earn a fee for the work they perform.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.