ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Communication: Fax (Facsimile)
- The machine consists of a photocopier and a telephone circuit.
- Fast way of sending and receiving information.
- Used when speed is required.
- Produces information as it is (exact copies/replicas of the send documents are received)
- Ideal for detailed information e.g. plans or diagrams.
- Provides a written record.
- Message is received even if the office is empty .
- Subscribers are given fax numbers.
- Used to communicate business information using a computer.
- Via a telephone circuit.
- Used in banking and forex markets.
- Stores and displays data on a computer.
- Information can be reprinted.
- Uses modern equipment consisting of modulator and demodulator (modem)
- A fast way of transmitting information.
- Transmits computerised accounts/information.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.