ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Insurance: Exports Credit Guarantee Department (ECGD)
- Also known as Export Credit Guarantee Corporation (ECGC)in Zimbabwe.
- Covers risk of non payment by importers due to:
- lack of foreign currency.
- Political instability.
- Outbreak of war.
- Overseas state interferences.
- Provides comprehensive policies to cover the whole of export businesses for at least 12 months.
- Provides specific polices to cover single transactions involving construction projects for which payments are spread over a number of years.
- Compensates exporters if an importer defaults.
- Investigates creditworthiness of importers.
- Monitors the importer’s risk change.
- Collects overdue debts.
- Finances the exporter in the interim.
- Policy acts as collateral security for loans given.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.