ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Export Invoice
- Prepared from various invoices for goods purchased and expenses incurred (on transportation and warehousing of goods)
- Summarises the goods bought and expenses incurred.
- Copies of the original invoices received from suppliers of goods and services are attached to the export invoice for reference.
- Accompanies the goods when being exported.
- The copy is attached to the bill of lading.
- Form part of the documentary credit.
- Speed up checking and clearing of goods by customs authorities.
- a summary of details of goods that is the types and quantities.
- Marking or numbers on crates or packages.
- Name of vessel carrying the goods.
- When and where the invoice was issued.
- Freight charges or dock dues.
- Insurance costs.
- Names and addresses of importer and exporter.
- Signature of exporter who compiled the invoice.
- Unit price for and total amount payable on goods to be exported.
- Terms of payment e.g. free on board (FOB)
- Cost, insurance and freight (CIF)
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page.