ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Experiment: Testing the physical properties of metals and non-metals
Aim:To examine the physical properties of metals and non-metals
Materials: aluminium foil, carbon rod taken from a torch cell, copper foil, gas jars of oxygen, hydrogen; sulpher, magnesium ribbon, zinc, iron nail, sandpaper, burner, three 1.5v cells, connecting wires, lamp.
- Examine each element taking note of its colour, malleability. Use sand paper to clean the materials before looking at them
- Set up a circuit as shown in the diagram above
- Test the conductivity of each material
- The metals are shiny/Have a lustre after they are cleaned
- The non metals are dull in appearance
- The metals conduct heat and electricity well
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.