ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Disadvantages of Advertising
The disadvantages of advertising to consumers.
- It leads to overspending
- It leads to impulse buying
- It leads to higher prices if advertising campaign is unsuccessful.
- Advertised goods may be harmful.
- Some advertisements may be false, unethical or misleading.
- Advertisements interrupt programmes on TV and radio.
Disadvantages of advertising to the advertiser (producer)
- Advertising is wasteful.
- Advertising costs could be used for more useful things like improving the product itself, expanding the business etc.
- If it is unsuccessful it becomes expensive.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.