ZIMSEC O Level Commerce Notes: Advertising: Disadvantages of Advertising
The disadvantages of advertising to consumers.
- It leads to overspending
- It leads to impulse buying
- It leads to higher prices if advertising campaign is unsuccessful.
- Advertised goods may be harmful.
- Some advertisements may be false, unethical or misleading.
- Advertisements interrupt programmes on TV and radio.
Disadvantages of advertising to the advertiser (producer)
- Advertising is wasteful.
- Advertising costs could be used for more useful things like improving the product itself, expanding the business etc.
- If it is unsuccessful it becomes expensive.
To access more topics go to the Commerce Notes page