ZIMSEC O Level Combined Science Notes: Experiment: Demonstrating compression and tensile forces
Aim: To demonstrate compression and tensional(stretching forces)
Materials: glue, tissue paper, rubber, two small blocks of wood, plastic ruler/rubber hose
- Glue tissue to the upper and lower sides of a plastic ruler rubber hose
- Bend the ends of the beam upwards
- Glue small blocks of wood together end to end
- Before the glue sets bend the wooden beams so as to force them apart
- Observe the glue fibers
Observations and Results
- The tissues at the top crinkles as they get shorter
- The tissues at the bottom tears as it gets longer
- The stands of glue at the top are shorter when the wooden blocks are pulled
- The strands at the bottom are longer as they are pulled apart
To access more topics go to the Combined Science Notes page.
Quick NetOne, Telecel, Africom, And Econet Airtime Recharge
If anything goes wrong, click here to enter your query.